Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recipe of the month

Each month I will feature one of my favourite recipes. It might be an old family favourite, or something new I've tried that I *must* share with you.

I've been feeling a little fragile lately, so as many do, I indulge in some emotional eating. One of my favourite indulgences is:

Jelly Cheesecake Slice

Ingredients

  • 125g marie biscuits (or Nice biscuits if you like it a little sweeter), processed to fine crumbs
  • 80g melted, cooled butter
  • 375g softened cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 200ml cream
  • 2 tablespoons boiling water
  • 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
  • 85g pack jelly crystals



  1. Line base and sides of a 3.5cm deep, 16cm x 26cm slice tray with baking paper.  Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter and press into the base of the tray. Pop it in the fridge for an hour or so until it's firm.
  2. Put the boiling water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over it. Stir until the gelatine dissolves. Set it aside to cool slightly. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until it's smooth. Gradually beat in the cream.  Add the gelatine liquid and mix until combined.
  3. Pour the filling over the base. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or until it's set.
  4. While you're waiting, make the jelly as per the directions on the pack.  Set it aside to cool to room temperature.  Pour it into a shallow dish. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until the jelly starts to thicken a little (similar consistency to thickened cream).  Then pour the jelly over the cheesecake. Refrigerate for another 3 hours or until the jelly is set.
  5. Cut into squares to serve.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you comment, makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. So go on - make me feel special!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...